As you may know, I’ve been trying to write a blog post everyday. It’s been great developing this habit and I’ve thoroughly enjoyed it. That said, fully developing an idea into a post takes time and though and some days I am in short reserve of those things.
So today, I’m just going to share some reads I’ve enjoyed and I hope you enjoy as well:
Don’t work. Be Hated. Love Someone. – Great short article about living life fully. What Adrian says about love reminds me of the Art of Loving by Erich Fromm: it’s not about being loved, it’s about loving.
How to Write like a Mother#^@%*& – I like this post because it reminds me I’m not alone in my writing struggles – best-selling authors are in the same boat as well.
There are a bunch of gems in here:
- “Writing is hard for every last one of us[…] Coal mining is harder. Do you think miners stand around all day talking about how hard it is to mine for coal? They do not. They simply dig“
- “You are not supposed to have success. You’re supposed to have a life“
- “Jealousy is destructive. It won’t make you a better writer. It won’t make you a better person […] it will only lead to self-pity and a loss of perspective”
- Success […] can be measured only by your ability to say yes to this question: “Did I do the work I needed to do, and did I do it like a motherfucker?”
- “[…] writing is a way to turn the worst things that happen to us into the most beautiful.”
P.S. I really need to meet Cheryl Strayed. She seems awesome!